WAS GOD CRAZY ? WAS HE LESS OMNISCIENT ?

Discuss issues that concern our daily christian living. For example, how should one live their life after getting save? etc.

WAS GOD CRAZY ? WAS HE LESS OMNISCIENT ?

Postby Stefano » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:54 am

This is my Question to ALL board Member. My Answer must be clear: God forbid! He was Omniscient in eternity past He is and will always and Ever be Omniscient! You can wonder then why I ask this sharp Question? The reason is given below:

" The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God" (Jehovah God, emphasis mine)

Here my Question comes: If what many Christians say that there is NO define clothing for human race that is different for two genders, was God Less omniscient when spoke this Law? If God was why didn't he knew that there will be different cultures and hence put clarification "According to their culture"? many will say If you follow that, then follow the rest of verses in same chapter!

here is the whole chapter, SHOW ME one other verse which points an abomination unto THE LORD. If sin was and will always be abomination unto God then what about this? Have it changed from being abomination unto God??

Deu 22:1 Thou shalt not see thy brother's ox or his sheep go astray, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt in any case bring them again unto thy brother.
Deu 22:2 And if thy brother be not nigh unto thee, or if thou know him not, then thou shalt bring it unto thine own house, and it shall be with thee until thy brother seek after it, and thou shalt restore it to him again.
Deu 22:3 In like manner shalt thou do with his ass; and so shalt thou do with his raiment; and with all lost thing of thy brother's, which he hath lost, and thou hast found, shalt thou do likewise: thou mayest not hide thyself.
Deu 22:4 Thou shalt not see thy brother's ass or his ox fall down by the way, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt surely help him to lift them up again.
Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
Deu 22:6 If a bird's nest chance to be before thee in the way in any tree, or on the ground, whether they be young ones, or eggs, and the dam sitting upon the young, or upon the eggs, thou shalt not take the dam with the young:
Deu 22:7 But thou shalt in any wise let the dam go, and take the young to thee; that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days.
Deu 22:8 When thou buildest a new house, then thou shalt make a battlement for thy roof, that thou bring not blood upon thine house, if any man fall from thence.
Deu 22:9 Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.
Deu 22:10 Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together.
Deu 22:11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.
Deu 22:12 Thou shalt make thee fringes upon the four quarters of thy vesture, wherewith thou coverest thyself.
Deu 22:13 If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her,
Deu 22:14 And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid:
Deu 22:15 Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate:
Deu 22:16 And the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her;
Deu 22:17 And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.
Deu 22:18 And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him;
Deu 22:19 And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.
Deu 22:20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:
Deu 22:21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
Deu 22:22 If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.
Deu 22:23 If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;
Deu 22:24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.
Deu 22:25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:
Deu 22:26 But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:
Deu 22:27 For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.
Deu 22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
Deu 22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
Deu 22:30 A man shall not take his father's wife, nor discover his father's skirt.

CHALLENGE TO WHOLE BOARD!!!
Steve
The purpose of man is to know his Maker Be known by his Maker And make his Maker known So that others may know his Maker as their Maker(Emeal Zwayne)
Stefano

Postby sinmm » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:29 pm

Apostle of Jesus,

Thanks for this. I'll come with a response soon.
sinmm
Site Admin

Re: WAS GOD CRAZY ? WAS HE LESS OMNISCIENT ?

Postby sinmm » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:10 pm

Apostle of Jesus wrote:Here my Question comes: If what many Christians say that there is NO define clothing for human race that is different for two genders, was God Less omniscient when spoke this Law? If God was why didn't he knew that there will be different cultures and hence put clarification "According to their culture"? many will say If you follow that, then follow the rest of verses in same chapter!

Steve, I've done some thinking regarding your question (above) and I am of the opinion that you need to clarify two things first before I can give a constructive and/or relevant response.

1. Do you believe (or know as fact) that in this world, peoples of different cultures dress (or dressed) differently? To assist you, consider the Indians of the Amazon forests, the Indians of Calcuta, the Maasai of Kenya/Tanzania, and the Dutch of Holland.

2. Does this cultural diversity in dressing make God less omniscient (all knowing)?
sinmm
Site Admin

Postby Tommy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:13 pm

difficult question, as we known the dressing style is different form one culture to another, but in most cultures there is defined clothing for women and men (although it has changed in som cultures because of influence from others).

So I think GOD want people to wear the clothing who are defined for their gender in their own culture.
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stirs up anger.

jawabu la upole hugeuza ghadhabu,
bali neno liumizalo huchocha kuaibisha
Tommy

Postby sinmm » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:45 pm

Tommy wrote:difficult question, as we known the dressing style is different form one culture to another, but in most cultures there is defined clothing for women and men (although it has changed in som cultures because of influence from others).

So I think GOD want people to wear the clothing who are defined for their gender in their own culture.

Tommy, your perspective resembles mine. I've never been to India (Calcuta) but I've seen pictures and documentary films showing men, women, and children. I've been to Central America (Ecuador) and seen Indian people (I even took photos with some of them) in Otavaro and other places like Primampiro, Babahoyo, Quito, and Guayaquil. What I can attest to is that women dressed differently from men and they (the women) dressed differently from the way women in India dress.

The Eskimos of Alaska and Greenland would be thought to have gone nuts if they were found clad in Maasai attire in the middle of winter. Likewise, the Maasai would be extremely uncomfortable if they put on Eskimo winter clothes in the middle of December in Maasailand. But even in this diversity, the Eskimo men dress differently from Eskimo women and Maasai men dress differently from Maasai women.

It is fact that traditionally, cultures dressed differently. I used the word traditionally above because nowadays in this age of globalization we find peoples of different cultures wearing similar clothing. Another thing to remember is that cultures are dynamic and not static. What the Eskimo wear today is very different from what they wore 1000 years ago. And just 90 years ago, our people wore hides and animal skin but now you'll find them dressed in nice suits and beautiful dresses.

Does this make God less all-knowing? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Well, this is how I see it. Guzo, Cilmin, Paulm, Upendo, Lydia may have a different view. Please let us hear them. May the Lord God bless us all.
sinmm
Site Admin

Postby Stefano » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:05 pm

I'm talking specifically about my people, but you have added another good point to think of. I always hear people saying; I can wear whatever I want save my heart is clean! when you ask about that verse, they point at culture and say if I am not to wear so and so what about those .... people? This depicts God as one who mistakenly pronounced that! Still my question is: If God knew that there will be such confusion of culture that there will be NO definite distinct clothing (Let say for Tanzanians as example), why did He said this?? If he knew there will be distinction, then He is omnipotent (This is my side BTW), If anyone says it was mistake, then God was at some point less Omnipotent!!

I think I have clarified; but if NOT then point out ambiguity and I will clear out!! Another question (Just being curious to people who interacts directly with westerns) WHAT IS CLOTHINGS FOR EUROPEAN?? I mean what, according to their specific culture is for Man and what is for woman??

My Machine crashed and I All data in C drive. Thank God many of my data were shifted to another place before the clash. Now everything is fine and I'm back again

Praise Jesus!!!
The purpose of man is to know his Maker Be known by his Maker And make his Maker known So that others may know his Maker as their Maker(Emeal Zwayne)
Stefano

Postby sinmm » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:20 pm

Apostle of Jesus wrote:
My Machine crashed and I All data in C drive. Thank God many of my data were shifted to another place before the clash. Now everything is fine and I'm back again

Pole for that. It is a dangerous affair to store personal data in C drive or any other drive used for booting an OS. If it is a windows operating system, you could always use a Linux loader to fix or transfer your data. Great that you recovered your data.

I think I have clarified; but if NOT then point out ambiguity and I will clear out!! Another question (Just being curious to people who interacts directly with westerns).WHAT IS CLOTHINGS FOR EUROPEAN?? I mean what, according to their specific culture is for Man and what is for woman??

Praise Jesus!!!

Well, Europe is a large and diverse continent and the different countries have their own different traditional dressing. Within Norway you'll find distinct dressing norms in the different geographical regions and the Laps (Sami) of northern Norway, Sweden and Finland have their own very unique and distinct dressing culture.

Steve, just a few decades ago, it was almost taboo for a woman to wear long trousers. In photos taken in the 1950s and earlier, you'll find women clad in beautiful dresses while men wore tight-fitting trouser-like garments. Wearing trousers for women in Europe is a fairly recent phenomenon. Click on the links below for pictures of both Norwegian and Sami, and Lithuanian traditional dressing. I was in Lithuania for about two months in 2000 and 2001 and saw that their women dress just the way women in Norway do. But they dressed very differently just 50 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunad
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... y_1900.jpg
http://postilla.mch.mii.lt/Paprociai/kostiumai.en.htm

As you can see in those photos, trousers have not been traditionally a woman's cloth. In these modern times, trousers have traditionally been a man's cloth; internationally. When you look at world leaders in official duty, you'll find women wearing clothes that are traditionally female. In the light of Deut 22:5, my opinion has always been that women should be careful and very afraid regarding this. The fact that almost everyone is wearing trousers does not make the practice acceptable before God. If God said do not do it, then it is much safer not to do it because obedience is better than sacrifice (1 Samuel 15:22).
sinmm
Site Admin

Postby Guzo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:16 pm

Well, I can see properly in those nice pictures that it is easy to sort out or identify the male from the female. I think that it is respectful for one to be distinguished in their gender either as he or her by what they wear. Let me also add my version; even with names, it would be very strange for a man to be called Mary. I am sure this is a point from our Lord.
Waefeso 2:8
Guzo
Frequent Member

Postby sinmm » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:43 am

Well, I can see properly in those nice pictures that it is easy to sort out or identify the male from the female. I think that it is respectful for one to be distinguished in their gender either as he or her by what they wear. Let me also add my version; even with names, it would be very strange for a man to be called Mary. I am sure this is a point from our Lord.

Guzo, that is why I was thrown in total confusion when I first hear of a woman called Hilary, Alex, etc.; traditionally, male names.
sinmm
Site Admin

Postby Guzo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:46 pm

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

1. It is very true. God knew that people would try to be creative; that man will want to wear that which is meant for woman and take hormones to like feminine!

That's a great point.

2. Let me talk about trousers today. For me personally, it is not bad for a woman to wear a pair of trousers because they have already distinguished them. Their trousers are quite different from a man's. However, female trousers that are transparent and that fit tightly are not good and go contrary to scripture. See the first point.
Waefeso 2:8
Guzo
Frequent Member

Return to General Christian Living