WHAT WILL BE THE LAST INTEGRATION

Discuss Science and Technology issues here. Our countries risk being left far too behind in technological development. In any case, do we really need this Hi-tech?

WHAT WILL BE THE LAST INTEGRATION

Postby Stefano » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:56 am

Some days ago, I was talking to my friend about computerization of things. He proposed that everything nowdays is becoming computerized. I was fascinated with the fact. Excited by the fact I posed the question which I want to pose here also:
What will be the final thing to be computerize/ Integrated on computer systems?

Just a challenge
Apostle
The purpose of man is to know his Maker Be known by his Maker And make his Maker known So that others may know his Maker as their Maker(Emeal Zwayne)
Stefano

Re: WHAT WILL BE THE LAST INTEGRATION

Postby Berea » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:55 am

Apostle of Jesus wrote:What will be the final thing to be computerize/ Integrated on computer systems?

Just a challenge
Apostle

That one is a hard one. Honestly, only God knows. In 1981, Bill Gates is believed to have said that 64K RAM was enough for everybody. 27 years have passed and the last time I checked my PC had 3GB RAM (or 3000000K). Most laptops I see nowadays come with a webcam and fingerprint reader. On the Bio front we have the bio microchip that can be inplanted under the skin.

We know that things are underway to facilitate the 666 buying and selling logistics. I know of some shops and petrol stations that only accept cards. Credit cards or ATM cards we understand, is now an old technology under serious challenge from emerging technoligies. For example tape based cards (cards with a magnetic band) are no longer used in many banks and shopping mall because they can easily tapped of the information they carry. Most modern cards are dual, they have both tape and microchip. The tape part is for backward compartability.

It is humanly impossible to state what the final thing to be computerized will be. To be able to know that, one needs to know when the end of the world will be. And that, only God knows.
Berea

Postby sinmm » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:19 pm

Berea wrote:It is humanly impossible to state what the final thing to be computerized will be. To be able to know that, one needs to know when the end of the world will be. And that, only God knows.

Berea, I agree that it is difficult to predict the final invention or inventions because that would mean knowledge of when the end of the world would be. May be a better way of asking would be, what is the next major invention in the computer world?
sinmm
Site Admin

Postby Guzo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:00 am

sinmm wrote:
Berea wrote:It is humanly impossible to state what the final thing to be computerized will be. To be able to know that, one needs to know when the end of the world will be. And that, only God knows.

Berea, I agree that it is difficult to predict the final invention or inventions because that would mean knowledge of when the end of the world would be. May be a better way of asking would be, what is the next major invention in the computer world?

I remember the word "automatic" used in record players and other things in the 70's. At that time, even "digital" was not yet discorvered, I hope I'm not out of bounds; including the computer. My opinion is that after forty years from now, a mobile phone will cover each and every thing! Right now, you can use your mobile phoe to access the following; radio, TV, the Internet, calculator, watch, mediaplayer, photo album. In the future while flying, we can use our mobiles to buy clothes, order food, etc.
Waefeso 2:8
Guzo
Frequent Member

Return to Science and Technology