WHAT IS A WOMAN'S ROLE IN THE SOCIETY?

This group is for older christians (atleast 35 years old and above, but not strictly exclusive), to discuss issues concerning the church, the family and society, including suggestions, ideas, and teachings on proper Christian leadership methods in the church, family and society.

WHAT IS A WOMAN'S ROLE IN THE SOCIETY?

Postby MANGA » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:08 am

In our African countries, woman are not given any role in the society. Let our men know that women have a big role in the society of today's life. There is a saying that goes "Behind every great man, there is a woman". That means that without women, men are nothing. Women; you have to support yourselves, no one is going to stand up for you. If you do not speak, there is no one who is going to speak what you have in mind to speak to people.

Women; try to say what you think about men so that it will be solved and you will have the right to say and make decisions.

God bless you.
JESUS COMMANDED US TO BE A LIGHT SHINING OUT FOR ALL TO SEE.
MANGA

role of a woman today

Postby Guzo » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:25 pm

May the name of our Lord Jesus Christ be given glory! I wish to bring up my comments on the mentioned subject on women above. Actually, the role of a woman is so great. A woman is a mother, she has to take care of the family, she must make sure that everything is going on in a systematic way; biblically take the example of women like Sara, Hanna, and the others, who stood their ground and found favour before men and GOD.

I, therefore, wish to say that women have been given the same ability as men, hence there is no way we should marginalise them, - they have to be given all the required support. Men, let us love our women and help them to the greater hight that they need.

God bless you.
Waefeso 2:8
Guzo
Frequent Member

ROLE OF WOMEN

Postby RevElisha Odero » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:07 am

Role of a woman in society? Who designs these roles for women anyway? Are they always not men? I believe it is unfair for men to design roles for women. Consider this saying "behind every successful man there is a woman," Two problems there; it is the man who is successful not the woman. Secondly, the woman is behind...doing what?

My brethren, the woman is an independent human being with a mind, desires and God-given abilities ... the woman was taken from the man's side not rear. Let the woman be at the side of the man, not behind. Again allow the woman to succeed on her own right. The christian woman needs to nkow she is a woman, be proud of it and live purposefully as a woman without apologies.

Jesus asked the disciples to untie a donkey because the master needed it. I propose that all these women who have been tied like donkeys especially in third world countries be untied ... the master needs them, not as mere appendages to men but as whole individuals.

Rev.Elisha Odero
Mustard Seed Christian Community
Kenya
RevElisha Odero

A woman's role in the society

Postby Guzo » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:10 pm

Dear brother,

I am grateful to learn that you are very liberal over this issue of women. My comment today is that women are not supposed to be left alone. The Bible says that "she will be joined together with a man and make one body likewise men are not supposed to be left alone in making resolutions. Therefore, if we say that they were untied and hence should be left alone, then shall we not be doing wrong and going against the Word??
Waefeso 2:8
Guzo
Frequent Member

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:49 am

According to 1Peter 3:1 and Proverb 31:10-31, we read, "Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husband; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives." We need to be humbled to our own husbands and love them and assist them and, also, feed them. We will make sure that our own husbands be known when they sit among other men. By making ourselves presentable, sexy and hardworkering.

Return to Forum for 'Seniors'