I died and Resusrected to be A preacher

Discuss anything worth discussing. This is an open forum and you may discuss anything within the Christian context. We may differ in perceiving the same thing but should respect others' views.

I died and Resusrected to be A preacher

Postby GodsProperty+ » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:38 pm

First of all First I thank god for this website, it is a wonderful thing. I want to point out the wave of evangelists and preachers, who have a similar testimony of "I died, saw heaven and then Iresurected and now here I am to preach".

Yes resurection is scriptural, its a promise from God . But I want to ask you all who are under this mind set that anyone who claims to have died and resurrected is obviously an annointed person to preach. Its not always the case. Speaking from experience, I was raised in a small town in Africa, there came a famous preacher who had the testimony of dying and resurrecting. He started a couple churches in my area and we were obsessed with him and we were under his leadership. Later on , it was revealed that he performed his acts through the devil, by fooling people who had no spiritual strengh to see in the spirit.

What is my point? My point is the partten in common all over the word, and I am not saying it is all wrong, but it is your duty as a Man/Woman of God to pray and fast for spiritual revelation of what kind of leadership you are under. Many shall come in the name of the Lord,and even the elect of God will be deceived,that is what the scripture says. So you are not safe just because you are saved, but you are safe if you pray without ceasing according to the word, seek God diligently and let him be the source of your power. I was saved five months, and I can stand here and brag in the name of Jesus Christ that he is my source and Power and the devil has no room in my life. My dear brethren , pray faithfully, live holy(1 peter 1:16), and you will be amazed what God will show you.

Let me know what you think about this topic.Critisism is highly welcome. May The Lord of Hosts be with you all.
GodsProperty+

Postby sinmm » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:48 am

GODSPROPERTY, praise the name of the Lord! First and foremost, welcome to the forums. The username you chose is quite nice and I recommend that you register it before someone else takes it. While registering, you could also select an image of your choice (also called an avatar). We use this to quickly identify fellow forum members. Again I say, welcome.

On 11 June 1988, something very peculiar took place in Nairobi, Kenya. A man who claimed to be the Lord Jesus Christ appeared to hundreds of people at a religious gathering at a place called Kawangware. There are differing accounts as to how he made his appearance. Some say that a very bright star appeared in the sky, came closer to earth changed into a man then landed on the ground where people were gathered and praying. Others say that the man simply appeared from thin air to the amazement of those who'd gathered. In short, the man had the appearance of someone from the Middle East, wore a white robe that ran from head to feet. The way this man disappeared was equally amazing. It is said that when this 'Jesus' had finished doing what he'd come to do, he was given a lift by a faithful (a man of Indian descent). After the man had driven for a short while, this 'Jesus' asked the driver to stop the car, he made his way out of the car, walked a few steps away as he disappeared into thin air never to be seen again. All this took place in bright daylight before many witnesses. The man who made this disturbing 'visitation' in Nairobi is said to be Maitreya.

Share International, a New Age religious group that was supposedly founded by Benjamin Creme (a British painter); claim that Maitreya is the Christ. They say:

"He has been expected for generations by all of the major religions. Christians know him as the Christ, and expect his imminent return. Jews await him as the Messiah; Hindus look for the coming of Krishna; Buddhists expect him as Maitreya Buddha; and Muslims anticipate the Imam Mahdi or Messiah."

Obviously, this person possesses the characteristics of the anti-Christ. If you would like to find more about this issue, go to, http://www.shareintl.org/archives/M_app ... ourney.htm for the story about Maitreya's appearance in Kawangware, Nairobi Kenya; or here, http://www.shareintl.org/maitreya/Ma_main.htm to view the section dedicated to Maitreya at Share International.

This man that Share International calls Maitreya is basically called Yesu (Jesus) by those faithful who were present on 11 June 1988. I was personally present in Nairobi at that time since Reinhert Bonnke was holding evangelical meetings at the Uhuru Park grounds. Some critics of Bonnke have unfortunately linked the two events to accuse him of having connections with Maitreya. The gathering at Kawangware was (and I believe still is) hosted by a one Mary Akatsa.

It is claimed that before she got her healing powers, Mary Akatsa had died but came back to life. The fake Jesus appeared in her meetings dressed in a white robe and so do her followers dress in robes of white and blue. Mary Akatsa died and came back to life and is performing many 'miracles'. She uses the Bible. But whom is she serving? Many claim that she is not used by God and point to her hosting of 'Jesus' aka Maitreya as their strongest evidence. She is also accused of using very unorthodox and unchristian methods when she prays for people. Follow the links at the end of this posting for more information about Mary Akatsa. Conclusion: The fact that Mary Akatsa died, rose up from the dead, is performing mind-blowing miracles and is having many followers does not, in any way, prove that she is doing all these by God's power.

Shortly after I was saved, I had a very interesting encounter. I met someone called Mchungaji Peter (I will not reveal his surname). Mchungaji translates to Preacher. I had many conversations with Peter and he told me a lot of things that had happened to him. Briefly about Peter: he was (it's more than 15 years since I last met him) your above-average Christian, always had a Bible. When visiting other people, he always prayed after entering the house and before he sat down. Peter prayed for people. While praying, he could often reveal to them inner secrets, things they had done in the past that it was impossible for him to have known. He had the power to locate and remove charms and/or other witchdoctor-planted elements from people or houses. What puzzled most people was his ability to 'see' into their lives.

Now, Peter told me that at one point, he was terminally ill, was taken to Kenyatta National Hospital, and later was taken home to die. It was at this point that he got his peculiar powers. His first miracle, he told me, was making a crippled (or was it a lame) boy walk. According to Peter, when he read the Bible while praying for someone, images appeared to him in something akin to a TV set. He, therefore, simply reported the events he saw on the 'TV set'. As I grew in the faith and acquired more knowledge, I soon realized that this mchungaji was not really a man of God. There were several events that led me to that conclusion. The greatest indication that proved to me that Peter was not a servant of Jesus Christ was a as follows: one day, he was actively involved in an animal sacrifice ceremony performed by a witchdoctor to a man's home that was persistently under the attack of witches and wizards (wachawi).

The fact that someone is performing amazing signs and wonders by invoking the name of Jesus Christ does not prove that he is, in deed, performing those deeds in the name of Jesus Christ.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. (Mat 24:5)

And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. (Luk 21:8)

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven[/color]; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity[/color]. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: For he taught them as [one] having authority, and not as the scribes. (Mat 7:21-29).

Therefore, as you indicated very well, GODSPROPERTY, it is our responsibility not just to follow someone because they died and came back to life or because 'sign and wonders' are taking place in their meetings. Some of those sign might be coming right from the pits of hell to trick and deceive believers. The apostle Paul says among other things: "For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." (2Cr 11:13-14) ... "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect." (Mat 24:24).

Links:
http://www.nationaudio.com/News/DailyNa ... ews46.html
http://www.btgjapan.org/app/app_004.html (search this page for Mary Akatsa)
http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal ... atraya.htm
http://home.sprynet.com/~eastwood01/hotlanta.htm

Did you know that Share International, the touch-bearers of the New Age movement and Maitreya's mouthpiece are closely linked to the United Nations? Read on!

http://home.sprynet.com/~eastwood01/unproof.htm
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NewAge ... itreya.htm
http://www.contenderministries.org/prop ... istsPF.php
http://www.cephasministry.com/nwo_one_w ... _goal.html
http://www.ordination.org/together.htm
sinmm
Site Admin

Postby Upendo » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:28 pm

Wow, I must confess that I was moved by the above discussions. As GODSPROPERTY said we real need to pray without ceasing and ask God to enlighten our spiritual eyes and understanding so that we will not be deceived by false prophets.

I have a question, why is it so easy for so many people to believe someone such as Mary Akatsa even though she publicly claims that she is not used by God ( the father of our Lord Jesus)?
Shalom
Upendo
Frequent Member

Postby sinmm » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:14 pm

Upendo, those who follow Mary Akatsa believe 100% that she is a servant of God. I remember soon after the 'Jesus in Nairobi' event, an aquintance came home with this man's photo. He said, "This is Jesus Christ, I was there personally and I saw him". There are always 'resident' photographers at Mary Akatsa's compound to capture the events that transpire and that day was no exception.

At that time, we just looked at the photos but thought not much about them because we did not know the implications of that event. Another man (very well educated) defended Akatsa saying that she must be doing whatever she did by God's power and that if the power was not from God, it really did not matter because she was doing good all the same.

As human beings we crave for the supernatural experience, even if it is only by seeing (witnessing) what is taking place. Many would, therefore, care less whether the preacher was acting in accordance with the scripture or not. The majority, I think, follow her (and others like her) out of ignorance. And there is where the real problem really is, I believe.
sinmm
Site Admin

Postby GodsProperty+ » Mon May 09, 2005 6:37 pm

Its true that human beings crave for supernatural experience. That is why many are lost already. Experiencing the power of God is possible to any one just as it is possible to experience the false power of the devil. But do we know God? Christians have forgotten the biggest commandment, which is loving God with all your heart mind and soul. This is fearing God, walking with him daily, being in a closer relationship with him and knowing him in your heart. Doing this means you know God, you are not just dreaming to have his supernatural revelation but it is knowing him and loving him in faith. Abraham was a friend of God, Moses Saw God and conversed with God face to face why? Because he feared the Lord, depended on the Lord, called upon God and obeyed what God says. God says Seek first the kingdom of heaven and the rest will be added to you. Moses seeked God first before he was even able to divide the sea. Joshua seeked God first before the sun stood still for him! Christians are seeking miracles, and not God!!!!!!!. Seeking miracle perfomers and not the promises of God, how would you know where your miracles came from?. Knowing God is not submitting yourself to Miracle performers, but it is surrendering yourself to what the word of God says first every minute of your life then you will know the source of your power. I beleive God and I know that if I give myself to his commanments and obey his word, he will be made manifest in my life and there is nothing that will be impossible for me. I can assure you that soon or later there is going to be a revival and all this false prophets will be cast out and destroyed. We do not have miracle perfomers on this earth remember that, but we have Gods servants annointed by God to do his wonderful works and all kinds of Miracles by the power of God, so all the Glory belongs to God!! It is a sin to glrorify and praise a man for a miracle performed by God.Yes and Amen!. The scripture says that there is none perfect, but it doesnt stop there, it says live holy! seek holiness! Seek the living God, the living word then miracles in your life will be more than your daily bread! Dont panic because soon the Holy spirit will reveal who is a prophet of God and who is not. I speak in faith that I am one of those the holy spirit will use to shame these false prophets. The word say steps of a good man are ordered by God. So if you honestly seek God, you will not be lost, and he will appoint the right leadership for you and you will be under a rightteous and powerful annointed ministry of God. Be blessed.
GodsProperty+

Re: I died and Resusrected to be A preacher

Postby ckm » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:02 pm

Dear writer. I appreciate your article. I do agree we have to be very careful in exercising our freedom in Christ. In the first place not everyone who says Lord, Lord is a true follower of Christ. We shall know them by their fruits. If one gives birth to fruits befit of the Devil we have no option but to reject their ministries. It's also true that Jesus said many will come in his name and claim great things but the end they will deceive many. I want to propose a way forward. Study the Bible and like the Bereans compare what the said preachers have to teach if it does not agree with the scriptures, reject it. Finally today many people are easily deceived by people who claim to have some experiences in the Lord that are unusual. We need to test everything before we accept.
justified by faith not works thanks God for your Son.
ckm

Postby Guzo » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:12 pm

ckm wrote:dear writer. I appreciate your article. I do agree we have to be very careful in exercing our freedom in christ. In the first place not everyone who says Lord, Lord is a true follower of christ. We shall know them by their fruits. If one gives birth to fruits befit of the Devil we have no option but to reject their ministries. its also true that Jsus said many will come in his name and claim great things but the end they will deceive many. I want to propose a way forward. Study the Bible and like the Bereans compare what the said preachers have to teach if it does not agree with the scriptures, reject it. Finally today many people are easily deceived by people who claim to have some experiences in the Lord that are unusual. we need to test everything before we accept.

Point.
Waefeso 2:8
Guzo
Frequent Member

Postby Berea » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:07 pm

ckm wrote:In the first place not everyone who says Lord, Lord is a true follower of Christ. We shall know them by their fruits. If one gives birth to fruits befit of the Devil we have no option but to reject their ministries.

Well said ckm and since this is a very serious matter, I contend that it requires further study and discussion. The Lord Jesus Christ warns us in Mat 24:24, "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect." The very possibility of the elect being deceived is in itself a fact that should raise a great deal of concern. This is because if the great signs and wonders performed by these counterfeit Christs and prophets are able to lure the very elect, they would surely be capable of luring all and sundry. In other words, the great signs and wonders would be close to indistinguishable from the genuine miracles, and so would be their performers difficult to distinguish from true ministers of God.

In the background of the foregoing, ckm, how will the disciple of Christ identify the genuine and the counterfeit? How will he recognize the fruits given forth as befitting of the Devil and so to reject such ministries? I raise these issues because the sheer number of reports of signs and wonders has increased lately in some Christian spheres.
Berea

Return to General Discussion