A Question regarding Muslims

Discuss anything worth discussing. This is an open forum and you may discuss anything within the Christian context. We may differ in perceiving the same thing but should respect others' views.

A Question regarding Muslims

Postby sinmm » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:25 am

I've been going through some of the emails I've received through the years. I received the following in October 2007. As I always try to reply all messages received via the web (those requiring a response, that is), I trust that I replied this one also.

How would you respond to these questions brother Ladslaus, brother Steve?

------------------------------

Good evening!!!
Dear Workers from web site Amefufuka.com
i just wanted to say hi to you i,m really happy to speak with right now on internet because i like to hear your songs you put in and so my question is that how do we may take the muslims as we Christians people?
i wanted you to tell me more about that because i sometime think about them but i don,t know exactly
who are they if they believe in Jesus's love or no.
Thank you for your answers i look forward to speak you with soon
bye!!!
(Iranziseba Felix)
sinmm
Site Admin

Re: A Question regarding Muslims

Postby Stefano » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:43 pm

sinmm wrote:
------------------------------

Good evening!!!
Dear Workers from web site Amefufuka.com
i just wanted to say hi to you i,m really happy to speak with right now on internet because i like to hear your songs you put in and so my question is that how do we may take the muslims as we Christians people?
i wanted you to tell me more about that because i sometime think about them but i don,t know exactly
who are they if they believe in Jesus's love or no.
Thank you for your answers i look forward to speak you with soon
bye!!!
(Iranziseba Felix)

I am not sure if I have well understood the question, but I will try to explain whatever I think the question asks. If what I think is NOT what question asks, corrections are highly appreciated

How do take muslims? It depends if that Muslim is stranger on road or a friend at home/school. If is stranger you have to start with normal coversation and then ask him simple question like "where will you be after 2500 years from now" For muslims, they are always not sure and probable answer is "Inshallah I will be in heaven" meaning If Allah wills I will be in heaven.

Then you have to take him/her through laws of Moses (Ten commandments) and share with him if he/she have never ever broken even one. I'm sure he have ever done it at least once. NOTE: Explain commandments as Jesus did, I mean worship other gods isn't necessarily worshiping Bel or Astarte. Jesus said love god first then neigbor. Anything comes first save God is Idol. Expound by the same style the rest of commandments.

Then simple questions to ask: (Q: Question PA: Probable Answer)
Q: Is God Just?
PA: Yeah He is

Q: Will a just judge just release somebody who is a murderer even if throughout his history have never committed any other crime or he will condemn him to prison for that specific crime?
PA: He will sent him to jail for that crime

Q: Will God sent you to Hell or heaven for breaking his law(s)?
PA: Heaven!

Q: But you said you are (Liar, murderer...or something he confessed)
PA: Hell!
Then from there Go on explaining the God's escape plan through Jesus. That's all in summary
The purpose of man is to know his Maker Be known by his Maker And make his Maker known So that others may know his Maker as their Maker(Emeal Zwayne)
Stefano

Postby Lydia » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:09 am

Thank you Apostle you have made it clear. If I may add, Muslims don’t believe that Jesus is the Son of God. They believe that through commandments of Moses, they will go to heaven. The Bible says the only way to heaven is Jesus Christ, so we have to tell them that after Moses, the commandmends, the laws, the prophets; comes Jesus, the only begotten Son of living God with a new covenant.
HALELUYA
Lydia

Postby Mchungaji Ladslaus » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:28 pm

Thank you so much Apostle of Jesus and Lydia for clear clarification.
On top of that, our Muslim brothers and sisters believe in their own god ‘allah’ and their prophet ‘jesus the son of mary’ who is not our respective God Jehovah and Jesus Christ.
According to their book, they believe that Mary the mother of Jesus is the sister of Aaron and Moses (qur’an 19:28).
Isaiah 45:2,3
Mchungaji Ladslaus

Postby sinmm » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:07 pm

Mchungaji Ladslaus wrote:Thank you so much Apostle of Jesus and Lydia for clear clarification.
On top of that, our Muslim brothers and sisters believe in their own god ‘allah’ and their prophet ‘jesus the son of mary’ who is not our respective God Jehovah and Jesus Christ.
According to their book, they believe that Mary the mother of Jesus is the sister of Aaron and Moses (qur’an 19:28).

True, Mchungaji. The Jesus of Islam is not our Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God. It is a foreign and counterfeit Jesus.
sinmm
Site Admin

Postby Sammogs » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Wow! I know I am coming slightly late into this discussion but it is one that continues to generate interest to as many as are concerned about religion and the faith of others in our communities. I have fostered an interest in Islam since my youth (among other religions of the world) and this same keen interest finally culminated in my salvation. I was especially intrigued about Islam when I realized that those I grew up knowing as Christians converted to Islam and of course this very baffling. In High school during one of the classes (Social Ethics) I confronted this religions of the world and as a young "Christian" I was only too happy to indulge. So please allow me to add some thoughts to this whole spectrum of beautiful thoughts.
In History it's logically argued that three religions share the same source - Judaism, Islam and Christianity and this common ground is Abraham. The Islamic argument is that Abraham was a Muslim which word means one that had submitted himself to Allah's will. This way Islam is argued to be the original religion of the patriarch. Also this position allows room to accommodate Ishmael who was born and raised by Abraham, to whom God was also introduced as is recorded in scripture (Genesis16-21:21). Now Judaism is much a result of the Mosaic Law being the religion that pertains to Israel according to the dispensation of the law - Abraham was 1st a Hebrew (the river crosser i.e. he that crossed the river in obedience to the call of God to go to the promised land) and his descendants through Isaac become Jews.
Christianity on the other hand when considered as a religion (though I hold that it is not a religion) is seen to have arisen from Judaism by Jesus Christ and or His followers (please allow me to use her a human argument).
This is the common thread i.e. Abraham. In fact when you read the Quran you will realize that these three (Muslims, Jews and Christians) are the main audience of the said revelation calling the Jews and Christians as the people of the Book. Of course there are other groups that are mentioned. But I think this is the only closest to the truth as the matter can get on the subject beyond this line are various issues raised arguing for the authenticity of Islam and the damnation of Judaism and Christianity. These positions are quite disturbing considering that there is often no difference accorded between these two groups and pagans. If anything, their case is made to appear as sorrier.
Now on whether the Jesus of the Quran and our Lord are the same, I think the facts are that Jesus was born of Mary, Jesus was raised by both Mary and Joseph and if this qualifies him to be called either Jesus son of Mary or Jesus son of Joseph it’s not a big thing at all. What needs to be appreciated, and where most people fail to catch-up with the progression in revelation is that Jesus the man (he that could be traced to Mary) died on the cross of Calvary and was buried. Then on the 3rd day, the Bible records in Acts 13:33 that God in dealing with him said “Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee! And by the power of Holy Ghost God raised Jesus into a newness of life (Ephesians 1:18-19, Romans 6:9) thereby becoming the 1st to be born out of those born from spiritual death (Colossians 1:18). This Jesus is the Son of God! To this Jesus neither Mary nor Joseph have a natural claim – he purely belongs to God. God raised him, God begot him! This is the truth that towers the facts against which carnal men are pitching their philosophies and arguments. Jesus is now the head of a new race of men, the sons of God and Islam and many other religions have missed this truth. He is no longer the son of Mary! Similarly the Christian being a result of the resurrection life in Christ Jesus differs from the Muslim and the Jew - that is the New Man!
Sammogs

Postby Sammogs » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Another thing I have noted that is not dealt with by Islam is the remission of Sins. Judaism presented the blood of animals (specific) offered on the alter that would cover sins (Hebrews) but Jesus Christ's blood was offered once for all - sin is dealt with in him as the Spirit of God confirms in Romans 6:10. He that calls on Him has no sin accounted to him and has dominion over sin.
Sammogs

Return to General Discussion