We Exalt Thee

Discussions on Gospel Music, the lyrics, and the artists. News and current affairs in the Christian music front.

We Exalt Thee

Postby TheChanged » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:04 pm

Hello brothers and sisters,

I hope I am not intruding. I don't speak Kiswahili.

I am leading worship in an international church and I was wondering if there is a swahili version of the song "We Exalt Thee" from Pete Sanchez: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arPrM8RCiyo. If so, I would be very interested in the lyrics.

If there is no "official" version in Kiswahili, the swahili translation for the words "We Exalt You", "We Praise You", "We Worship You" or "We Adore You" would also be very helpful.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in adavance.

Wishing you the Lord's blessings.
TheChanged

Re: We Exalt Thee

Postby sinmm » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:48 pm

Greetings brother/sister TheChanged,

Firstly, welcome to the Amefufuka board. You are at the right place and you're not intruding, at all. Most of us understand English. I am not aware that there is a Swahili version of "We Exalt Thee" but since the world is so dynamic, I would not rule out that possibility. I hope that other board members can help out, however. the board has been dormant for some time now and that may take time.

As for translation of the phrases, here goes:

We Exalt You = Tunakuinua (We lift You up)
We Praise You = Tunakusifu
We Worship You = Tunakuabudu
We Adore You = Tunakuabudu

In Swahili the pronoun, tense, and verb are usually embedded together, for example:

Tu-(na-ku)-abudu):

Tu = We
na-ku = na ('are' present tense) ku (goes together with 'na' to make a kind of present participle tense.
abudu = worship.

Where are you located?

May the Lord richly bless you!

Shalom!
Mark
sinmm
Site Admin

Re: We Exalt Thee

Postby Guzo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 pm

swahili translation.WeExalt TheeTunakuinua
tunaliinua jina lako bwana, lipitalo majina yote pamoja na miungu yote katika nchi, napaza sauti yangu kukuabudu, oh roho yangu inafurahia, pokea mfalme!sauti tamu iingie masikioni mwako maana tunaliinua jina lako.
Waefeso 2:8
Guzo
Frequent Member

Return to Gospel Music